Constellation to sponsor Senior Players Championship through 2017
- By Will Gray
- Nov 2, 2012 4:39 PM ET
The Champions Tour announced Friday that energy company Constellation has signed a five-year extension to continue sponsoring the Senior Players Championship through 2017.
Constellation has served as a title sponsor on the Champions Tour since 2003, and has sponsored the Senior Players Championship – one of five majors on the Champions Tour – since 2007. This year the event moved to Fox Chapel Golf Club outside Pittsburgh, and received a mid-summer date for the first time since 2006.
"We're excited to be looking ahead to the 2013 tournament at the wonderful venue at Fox Chapel and to five more years of championship golf," announced Constellation CEO and president Kenneth W. Cornew.
The event will continue through 2014 at Fox Chapel, whose condition and setup were generally praised by players in the field. This summer, Joe Daley held on to win by one stroke over Tom Lehman and claim his first career Champions Tour victory.
Playing in the final group for the third round of the Champions Tour's third major, relative unknown Joe Daley outplayed an ailing Fred Couples and held off a charging Tom Lehman. Read More
The heat is on at the Senior Players Championship. Fred Couples is taking advantage of it. With sweltering temperatures easing the stiffness in his chronically bad back, the defending champion birdied... Read More
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Guan WDs from Open qualifying | Playing Memorial
- Euro captain McGinley adds third Ryder Cup pick
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth