Constellation to sponsor Senior Players Championship through 2017
- By Will Gray
- Nov 2, 2012 4:39 PM ET
The Champions Tour announced Friday that energy company Constellation has signed a five-year extension to continue sponsoring the Senior Players Championship through 2017.
Constellation has served as a title sponsor on the Champions Tour since 2003, and has sponsored the Senior Players Championship – one of five majors on the Champions Tour – since 2007. This year the event moved to Fox Chapel Golf Club outside Pittsburgh, and received a mid-summer date for the first time since 2006.
"We're excited to be looking ahead to the 2013 tournament at the wonderful venue at Fox Chapel and to five more years of championship golf," announced Constellation CEO and president Kenneth W. Cornew.
The event will continue through 2014 at Fox Chapel, whose condition and setup were generally praised by players in the field. This summer, Joe Daley held on to win by one stroke over Tom Lehman and claim his first career Champions Tour victory.
Playing in the final group for the third round of the Champions Tour's third major, relative unknown Joe Daley outplayed an ailing Fred Couples and held off a charging Tom Lehman. Read More
The heat is on at the Senior Players Championship. Fred Couples is taking advantage of it. With sweltering temperatures easing the stiffness in his chronically bad back, the defending champion birdied... Read More
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path