Copperhead Furyk's favorite Tour stop in Florida
- By Bailey Mosier
- Mar 12, 2013 6:21 PM ET
PALM HARBOR, Fla. – Move over PGA National, Doral and Bay Hill. Jim Furyk says you’ve got nothing on the Copperhead Course at Innisbrook.
“I’m obviously biased,” the 2010 champion said, “and it’s probably because I play well here, but I really think this is the best course we play in the state of Florida on (the PGA) Tour.”
Biased, perhaps, since Furyk won the Tampa Bay Championship in 2010, finished T-13 in 2011 and lost in a playoff last year. But his playing well here isn’t just a coincidence.
“I’ve always liked it here, ever since I was a kid. It looks good to my eye and I’m comfortable here. When you come to a place with good memories and you come in with a positive attitude, it always helps and I think that’s one of the reasons I play well here.”
- LIVE STREAM: BMW PGA Championship, Round 3
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- F. Molinari leads BMW | McIlroy, McDowell MC
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots