It's a popular question, but it's usually asked about Tiger Woods.
Today, however, we switch the subject to John Daly.
Is he back?
No, really, is he back?
Daly shot a 65 in the final round of The Greenbrier Classic. That's a tad deceiving, because The Old White Course is a par 70, and the week's scores indicate the setup isn't exactly a replica of Winged Foot, 1974.
Still, Daly made eight birdies, and the score was his lowest in 82 rounds. Daly, who is trying to get his PGA Tour card back, credited a change in his putting grip for his improved performance.
So for the sake of argument, let's define "back" as "likely to get his PGA Tour card back."
Discussion: Is John Daly back?
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process