It's a popular question, but it's usually asked about Tiger Woods.
Today, however, we switch the subject to John Daly.
Is he back?
No, really, is he back?
Daly shot a 65 in the final round of The Greenbrier Classic. That's a tad deceiving, because The Old White Course is a par 70, and the week's scores indicate the setup isn't exactly a replica of Winged Foot, 1974.
Still, Daly made eight birdies, and the score was his lowest in 82 rounds. Daly, who is trying to get his PGA Tour card back, credited a change in his putting grip for his improved performance.
So for the sake of argument, let's define "back" as "likely to get his PGA Tour card back."
Discussion: Is John Daly back?
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots