Unsung player leads Tiger, Phil in OWGR points earned
- By Jason Sobel
- Feb 8, 2013 4:34 PM ET
Through the first month of the 2013 golf campaign, it shouldn’t come as a surprise to see some of the game’s biggest names earn the most world ranking points so far.
Thanks to a pair of runner-up finishes, Brandt Snedeker leads all players with 77.02 total points gained, which has propelled him up to a career-best sixth in the world. Not far behind in third and fourth place for total points gained are Phil Mickelson (54.67) and Tiger Woods (50.00), respectively, as each has won a PGA Tour event already.
The big surprise is sandwiched between those players, as unsung Jamie Donaldson (58.59) has the second-most points earned so far this year.
Of course, 54.00 of those points came in one tournament when Donaldson won the star-studded Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship. He is now ranked 30th in the world and second in the Race to Dubai.
Donaldson will compete in his first WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship in two weeks and is all but assured of competing in his first Masters this April.
- LIVE STREAM: BMW PGA Championship, Round 3
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- F. Molinari leads BMW | McIlroy, McDowell MC
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots