Unsung player leads Tiger, Phil in OWGR points earned
- By Jason Sobel
- Feb 8, 2013 4:34 PM ET
Through the first month of the 2013 golf campaign, it shouldn’t come as a surprise to see some of the game’s biggest names earn the most world ranking points so far.
Thanks to a pair of runner-up finishes, Brandt Snedeker leads all players with 77.02 total points gained, which has propelled him up to a career-best sixth in the world. Not far behind in third and fourth place for total points gained are Phil Mickelson (54.67) and Tiger Woods (50.00), respectively, as each has won a PGA Tour event already.
The big surprise is sandwiched between those players, as unsung Jamie Donaldson (58.59) has the second-most points earned so far this year.
Of course, 54.00 of those points came in one tournament when Donaldson won the star-studded Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship. He is now ranked 30th in the world and second in the Race to Dubai.
Donaldson will compete in his first WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship in two weeks and is all but assured of competing in his first Masters this April.
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invit., Round 1
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- R. Palmer uses local knowledge in Colonial 62
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Back-nine 41 dooms McIlroy's BMW PGA opener
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation