DORAL, Fla. – After two rounds of a largely toothless Blue Monster at Doral, Mother Nature may finally be poised to step in with an assist this weekend.
The forecast calls for increased wind increasing to about 20 mph Saturday afternoon and gusting to over 20 mph Sunday with a slight chance of rain for the final round at the WGC-Cadillac Championship.
That is welcome news for a course that has been battered by red numbers this week. Through two rounds the scoring average is 70.73 compared with a 71.13 average last year.
Players should enjoy the easy scoring conditions while they last. Following this week’s event officials plan to give the Blue Monster an extreme makeover.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path