DORAL, Fla. – After two rounds of a largely toothless Blue Monster at Doral, Mother Nature may finally be poised to step in with an assist this weekend.
The forecast calls for increased wind increasing to about 20 mph Saturday afternoon and gusting to over 20 mph Sunday with a slight chance of rain for the final round at the WGC-Cadillac Championship.
That is welcome news for a course that has been battered by red numbers this week. Through two rounds the scoring average is 70.73 compared with a 71.13 average last year.
Players should enjoy the easy scoring conditions while they last. Following this week’s event officials plan to give the Blue Monster an extreme makeover.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process