DORAL, Fla. – After two rounds of a largely toothless Blue Monster at Doral, Mother Nature may finally be poised to step in with an assist this weekend.
The forecast calls for increased wind increasing to about 20 mph Saturday afternoon and gusting to over 20 mph Sunday with a slight chance of rain for the final round at the WGC-Cadillac Championship.
That is welcome news for a course that has been battered by red numbers this week. Through two rounds the scoring average is 70.73 compared with a 71.13 average last year.
Players should enjoy the easy scoring conditions while they last. Following this week’s event officials plan to give the Blue Monster an extreme makeover.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch LPGA come down to finish
- LPGA SCORING: Korda in Mobile mix late in Round 4
- Bae holds off Bradley at Byron Nelson | Scores
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play