Fowler, Dufner among latest CIMB Classic commits
- By Ryan Lavner
- Sep 24, 2012 10:46 AM ET
A trio of American stars has joined Tiger Woods as early commitments to the CIMB Classic in Malaysia.
Jason Dufner, Nick Watney and Rickie Fowler are the latest PGA Tour players to announce that they will play the Oct. 25-28 event, which is co-sanctioned by the Asian and PGA tours and will feature a 48-player field with a $6.1 million purse (including a winner’s share of $1.3 million).
Dufner, a rookie on this year’s Ryder Cup team, played in the CIMB Classic in 2011, finishing joint 10th.
Watney won the playoff-opening Barclays event for his fifth career PGA Tour title.
Fowler has been mired in a bit of a late-summer swoon, but the 23-year-old has played well in Malaysia in the past, finishing T-5 in 2010.
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | At a glance | Scores
- Korda leads Mobile Bay LPGA through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Guan shoots 70-77, misses first PGA Tour cut
- Poulter out at Volvo | 'Disgusted' with play | Results
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Donald receives MBE from Queen of England
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process