Dufner, Kuchar, Fowler paired together at Colonial
- By Ryan Ballengee
- May 22, 2012 4:55 PM ET
At Hogan's Alley this week, the three winners of the last four tournaments on the PGA Tour are grouped together for the first two days.
Jason Dufner, Matt Kuchar and Rickie Fowler will play together for the opening two rounds of the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial. The trio will go off the 1st tee on Thursday at 12:18 p.m. ET. Kuchar won The Players Championship two weeks ago, with Fowler prevailing in a playoff at Quail Hollow and Dufner taking bookend titles at New Orleans and Dallas.
Right after them on Thursday is the group of Hunter Mahan, Louis Oosthuizen and Vijay Singh. Mahan is a two-time winner this season on the PGA Tour, while Oosthuizen is a two-time winner on the European Tour and lost in the Masters playoff to Bubba Watson. They begin at 12:29 p.m.
Three other Tour winners this season will spend Thursday and Friday together, as Heritage winner Carl Pettersson, Phoenix winner Kyle Stanley and Waialae winner Johnson Wagner start from the 10th at 12:18 p.m. in the first round.
The last two winners at Colonial are together for the first two days as Sergio Garcia joins Zach Johnson and defending champion David Toms on the 10th tee at 7:43 a.m.
Last year's FedEx Cup champion Bill Haas will play alongside U.S. Ryder Cup captain Davis Love III. Nick Watney, another American hopeful for the Medinah-bound team, rounds out the 7:54 a.m. grouping on No. 10 on Thursday.
Rickie Fowler won his first PGA TOUR event this year and he is hungry for another victory. Maybe teeing off with the winners from the last two tournament events will light the fire Fowler needs to bri... Read More
This year has been a disappointment for Jason Dufner. There's no better place to get things going in the right direction than at the HP Byron Nelson Championship this week, where he's the defending ch... Read More
- Tiger: No desire to clear the air with Garcia
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Uihlein gets first pro win at Madeira | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae