BROOKSVILLE, Fla. – Playing in the day’s final group off the 10th tee Brian Duncan scorched the Southern Hills Plantation layout with nines of 33-32 for a one-stroke lead after the opening round at the second stage PGA Tour Q-School site.
Duncan, who is vying to make his fourth trip to the fall classic later this month at PGA West in California, leads Michael Letzig and Patrick Wilkes-Krier by a stroke at an event that looks more like an opposite-field PGA Tour event than a second stage qualifier.
Among the who’s who at Southern Hills Plantation is Billy Hurley III (67), Arjun Atwal (67), Robert Karlsson (68), Sam Saunders (69), Lee Janzen (72) and Daniel Chopra (72).
Southern Hills Plantation is one of six second stage sites being held this week and the top 19 and ties will advance to the finals.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process