Stricker, Duval, Harrington added to Hall ballots
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Jun 25, 2012 5:02 PM ET
The World Golf Hall of Fame released its 2013 ballots on Monday, adding two major champions to be eligible for induction.
2001 British Open champion David Duval and world No. 12 Steve Stricker have been added to the PGA Tour ballot. Three-time major winner Padraig Harrington was among those added to the International ballot.
The Americans join 13 others on the PGA Tour ballot, including the likes of Fred Couples, Mark O'Meara, Jim Furyk, Don January, Davis Love III, Loren Roberts, Ken Venturi and Fuzzy Zoeller.
Harrington joins a shorter list of eligible international players, including Darren Clarke, Retief Goosen, Miguel Angel Jimenez, Ian Woosnam and Colin Montgomerie.
To be eligible on either ballot, a player must be 40 years old and be included on 65 percent of returned ballots.
On the PGA Tour ballot, a player must have 10 years of PGA Tour service or five years on the Champions Tour. A PGA Tour player must have either 10 PGA Tour wins or a combined two wins in majors or The Players Championship. A Champions Tour player must have a combined 20 wins between the Champions and PGA tours or a combined five wins in majors or The Players Championship.
For international players, they must earn 50 points from a combination of major wins, international wins and Ryder and Presidents Cup appearances.
Ballots have been distributed to a voting body comprised of Hall of Famers, golf journalists and historians, as well as other dignitaries. Voting closes on July 27.
The 2013 induction ceremony is scheduled for May 6, which is the Monday of The Players Championship week.
- LIVE STREAM: BMW PGA Championship, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Donald's three-peat BMW PGA bid ends with MC
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- LPGA Bahamas playing 12 holes in Round 1
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots