Dyson, Nirat lead in Singapore as rains continue
- By Will Gray
- Nov 9, 2012 5:28 AM ET
Dyson and Nirat were both on the course at 6 under when play was suspended at the Sentosa Golf Club for the second consecutive day. With more than half the field still yet to begin their second rounds, the tournament appears destined for its second Monday finish in as many years.
Among those unable to play a shot Friday was Thomas Bjorn, who led with a 5-under 66 when play was halted due to rains on Thursday. He has since been joined at 5 under by a pair of Italians, Francesco Molinari and Matteo Mannasero, one shot behind the co-leaders.
When opening-round play resumed Friday morning, Nirat put the finishing touches on a 6-under 65 to overtake Bjorn for the lead. He is even par after nine holes of his second round, while Dyson is 4 under through 13 holes after opening with a 2-under 69.
World No. 1 Rory McIlroy carded a 1-under 70 as first round play concluded Friday, and was even par through 12 holes of his second round when play was suspended for the day. He is playing alongside Louis Oosthuizen, who is at even par overall, 1 over for his second round after matching McIlroy's first-round 70.
The trio of Phil Mickelson, Adam Scott and Padraig Harrington were among those that did not begin their second rounds Friday. Slated to tee off at 5:15 p.m. local time, they will instead be the fifth group off the first tee when play resumes at 7:30 a.m. local time on Saturday, with Mickelson looking to improve upon his 2-over 73 in the opening round.
Midway through the marathon that is British Open qualifying, Josh Teater is poised to earn his first trip to golf’s oldest championship. Read More
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invitational, Rd. 3
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA Champ. win
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots