ATLANTA – Three days before Ernie Els’ spirited FedEx Cup playoff run ended at last week’s BMW Championship, the South African announced he is splitting with International Sports Management and European uber-manager Chubby Chandler.
In a release posted on Els’ website on Sept. 16, the three-time major champion said he was “consolidating his management” team to be closer to his south Florida home and speculation on Wednesday at the Tour Championship was that he would join a new group headed by Vinny Giles and Buddy Marucci.
Els, 41, joined Chandler’s group in 2004 and his influence helped create a management powerhouse that has seen ISM clients win four of the last five majors dating back to last year’s British Open.
“I want to thank Chubby and all the ISM team for our time together and am proud to have been associated with one of the most talented stables in world golf, including my fellow major winners; (Louis) Oosthuizen, (Charl) Schwartzel, (Rory) McIlroy and (Darren) Clarke as well as current world No. 2 Lee Westwood,” Els said in the release.
Chandler was also quoted in the release saying, “It has been a privilege to work alongside one of golf's global superstars for the last seven years.”
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Sorenstam in 'Go Annika'
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler, Mahan to donate to tornado relief efforts
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management