Ernie Els and Tiger Woods arrived at the Frys.com last October as legends down on their luck.
A year later, both have rejuvenated their careers. Only one, however, appears set to return to the Fall Series event.
Els has committed to play in the Frys.com Open at CordeValle Golf Club from Oct. 10-14, the tournament announced Wednesday.
Last year, Els finished T-4 at the event, extending a streak of 19 consecutive seasons with at least one top-10 finish dating back to 1994.
On the other hand, Woods is in talks to compete in a new, unofficial event. The Turkish Airlines World Golf Finals is to be an eight-player event opposite the Frys.com Open, offering the largest a $1.5 million first-place prize in its inaugural year.
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots