AVONDALE, La. -- Ken Duke and Cameron Tringale share the lead after the first round of the Zurich Classic of New Orleans.
Playing in the day’s first group, Duke shot a bogey-free round of 7-under 65. Tringale matched Duke in the afternoon.
They lead by one shot over one of Duke's playing partners, Daniel Chopra, as well as Steve Stricker, Chris Stroud and Ernie Els. Els is making his first start at TPC Louisiana and first appearance in this tournament in a decade.
Masters winner Bubba Watson got off to a slow start on Thursday. At 2 over through eight holes, Watson rallied to shoot 1-under 71.
Last week's winner, Ben Curtis, shot 67 to share seventh with John Rollins.
David Hearn, the final member of the opening group, is tied for ninth on 4 under with fellow Canadian Graham DeLaet, Daniel Summerhays and Webb Simpson. Simpson had a double bogey at his final hole, the par-3 ninth, to miss out on matching playing partner Steve Stricker.
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first pro win at Madeira | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play