AKRON, Ohio – The two main characters of the recent Open Championship, the embodiment of the ecstasy of victory and agony of defeat, ran into each other at their hotel Tuesday night in advance of the WGC-Bridgestone Championship.
Els revealed that the two longtime friends texted each other throughout last week in the aftermath of his victory, which was fueled by bogeys on the final four holes from Scott.
Pep talks? Condolences? Hardly.
“Just buddy stuff,” Els allowed.
- SCORING: Bahamas LPGA | Senior PGA Champ.
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots