Els will be among the 120 players teeing it up Dec. 13-16 at Horizon Hills Golf & Country Club in Johor Bahru, Malaysia. He last played at the WGC-HSBC Champions in China earlier this month, finishing in a tie for second behind Ian Poulter.
"I'm looking forward to playing," Els told reporters. "I'll have a bit of a holiday after the event, but the start of the year will be just around the corner. I like to kick start 2013 with the last event of the year, so to speak, and it will be very nice."
The four-time major winner will be joined in Malaysia next month by Sergio Garcia and former U.S. Open champion Michael Campbell, among others. Dutchman Joost Luiten will return as defending champion, having won last year by one shot over Daniel Chopra in an event shortened to 54 holes due to rain.
In its sixth year of existence, the tournament will offer $2 million in total prize money for the second year in a row. Previous winners include former major champions Retief Goosen (2008) and Padraig Harrington (2010).
Golf Channel's coverage of the 2013 Web.com Tour season gets underway Thursday with live, four-round coverage of the BMW Charity Pro-Am Read More
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots