Masters champion Bubba Watson and British Open winner Ernie Els will headline the field for the final World Golf Championships event of the season, the HSBC Champions. The tournament, scheduled for Nov. 1-4, will be held on the Olazabal Course at Mission Hills Guangdong in China.
Watson and Els join a field that also includes Phil Mickelson, Keegan Bradley, Graeme McDowell and Louis Oosthuizen. Luke Donald and Lee Westwood, Nos. 3 and 4 in the world ranking, respectively, committed to playing to this event last month.
The HSBC Champions, which for the past seven years has been held at Sheshan International Golf Club in Shanghai, will feature a $7 million purse.
Martin Kaymer is the defending champion.
Golf Channel's coverage of the 2013 Web.com Tour season gets underway Thursday with live, four-round coverage of the BMW Charity Pro-Am Read More
Esteban Toledo celebrated Cinco de Mayo by becoming the first Mexican winner in Champions Tour history, beating Mike Goodes with a par on the third hole of a playoff on Sunday in the Insperity Champio... Read More
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots