After a two-year break from links golf, Nick Faldo announced last week that he will tee it up at the 2013 Open Championship at Muirfield.
That’s where the six-time major winner captured the first (1987) and third (’92) of his three claret jugs.
“I’ve got just over two months to go to get myself to pretend that I’m a golfer,” he told CNN.
The lead analyst for CBS Sports, Faldo, 55, hasn’t played competitively since he missed the cut at the 2010 Open at St. Andrews, where he shot 72-81.
Ultimately, the former world No. 1 couldn’t resist another chance to take on Muirfield.
“I’ve been fighting it for years,” he said. “I was in the gym (last) Monday, and it suddenly just hit me. I thought, ‘Come on, this is one more walk,’ and I’ll probably never get a chance to walk at Muirfield.”