Family gives thanks for golfing son's life
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Nov 22, 2012 12:00 PM ET
In the season of giving thanks, Tara and Tuner Simkins are grateful their son, Brennan, is alive and proud of the fight he has put forth.
Brennan was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia on the eve of his seventh birthday. Now 10, he has endured four bone marrow transplants, all in an 18-month period. Watch below to witness his courage and love for golf.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play