Creamer, Tseng, Lewis featured group at Wegmans
- By Randall Mell
- Jun 5, 2012 10:06 PM ET
PITTSFORD, N.Y. – World No. 1 Yani Tseng will begin defense of her Wegmans LPGA Championship title Thursday and Friday with a pair of feisty Americans at her side.
Tseng is scheduled to go off with red-hot Stacy Lewis, winner of the last two LPGA stroke-play events, and Paula Creamer in the first two rounds. They will be off the 10th tee Thursday at 1:10 p.m. ET and off the first tee Friday at 9:27 a.m.
In a big hitter grouping, Brittany Lincicome, Suzann Pettersen and Lexi Thompson are together. They’ll go off the first tee at 9:16 a.m. Thursday. Lincicome leads the tour in driving distance at 283 yards per drive with Thompson (274) fifth and Pettersen (269) 11th.
In another notable grouping, three-time LPGA Championship winner Se Ri Pak is scheduled to play with a pair of young major championship winners that she inspired in her native South Korea. Reigning U.S. Women’s Open champion So Yeon Ryu and Kraft Nabisco champ Sun Young Yoo are set to go off with Pak on the first tee at 8:54 a.m. Thursday.
Cheyenne Woods, making her pro debut, will go off the first tee at 8:10 a.m. in the first round with Song Hee Kim and Christine Song. Woods is the niece of Tiger Woods.
Tags: Wegmans LPGA
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management