Who says flip-flopping is only reserved for politicians this time of year?
David Feherty hails from Northern Ireland and played for Team Europe during the famed "War by the Shore" Ryder Cup in 1991. He still counts former European Ryder Cup captain Sam Torrance among his closest friends. However, the analyst has lived in the Dallas area for nearly 20 years and became a U.S. citizen in 2010. With allegiances to both sides, who will Feherty be supporting this week at the Ryder Cup?
During Monday's taping of a Ryder Cup-themed Feherty Live, the host confirmed that he would be pulling for the American squad this week at Medinah. The one-hour special, which includes guest appearances from swimmer Michael Phelps and basketball superstar Michael Jordan, airs Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET on Golf Channel. The show will also feature an appearance from Feherty's good friend Torrance, as well as former U.S. Ryder Cup captains Paul Azinger and Lanny Wadkins.
A long-time supporter of U.S. troops and causes benefiting those in combat, Feherty created the Troops First Foundation in 2008 to help raise money for wounded soldiers.
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Guan WDs from Open qualifying | In Memorial
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth