Who says flip-flopping is only reserved for politicians this time of year?
David Feherty hails from Northern Ireland and played for Team Europe during the famed "War by the Shore" Ryder Cup in 1991. He still counts former European Ryder Cup captain Sam Torrance among his closest friends. However, the analyst has lived in the Dallas area for nearly 20 years and became a U.S. citizen in 2010. With allegiances to both sides, who will Feherty be supporting this week at the Ryder Cup?
During Monday's taping of a Ryder Cup-themed Feherty Live, the host confirmed that he would be pulling for the American squad this week at Medinah. The one-hour special, which includes guest appearances from swimmer Michael Phelps and basketball superstar Michael Jordan, airs Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET on Golf Channel. The show will also feature an appearance from Feherty's good friend Torrance, as well as former U.S. Ryder Cup captains Paul Azinger and Lanny Wadkins.
A long-time supporter of U.S. troops and causes benefiting those in combat, Feherty created the Troops First Foundation in 2008 to help raise money for wounded soldiers.
Staked to a big lead heading into singles, the U.S. turned in a dominating performance at the Palmer Cup, winning 20.5-9.5. Read More
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path