Finchem, Love III to meet media at Congressional
- By Rex Hoggard
- Jun 26, 2012 6:31 PM ET
BETHESDA, Md. – Not sure this is must-see TV, but for those curious enough to care about the future of the PGA Tour and the U.S. side at this year’s Ryder Cup, it may be worth tuning in to hear Tim Finchem and Davis Love III on Wednesday.
Both are scheduled to meet with the media at Congressional, and both figure to move the needle with their answers.
Finchem, who is scheduled to talk at 10:15 a.m. ET, will likely be asked about the continued “no decision” on the proposal to dramatically change the Nationwide Tour/PGA Tour Qualifying School process, changes to the Tour schedule starting next year and the status of a replacement umbrella sponsor for the Nationwide Tour.
Love is scheduled to talk at 1 p.m. ET and is expected to announce his assistant captains for this fall’s Ryder Cup. Word is the short list of candidates include Mike Hulbert, Scott Verplank, Justin Leonard and Fred Couples.
Davis Love III highlighted a six-man group atop the FedEx St. Jude leaderboard through the opening round of play in Memphis. Read More
The worst-kept secret since the USGA and R&A declared war on the anchored stroke became official on Wednesday. Read More
- Rose reads 'Late Show' Top 10 | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Rose remains in field for Travelers Championship
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path