Finchem, Love III to meet media at Congressional
- By Rex Hoggard
- Jun 26, 2012 6:31 PM ET
BETHESDA, Md. – Not sure this is must-see TV, but for those curious enough to care about the future of the PGA Tour and the U.S. side at this year’s Ryder Cup, it may be worth tuning in to hear Tim Finchem and Davis Love III on Wednesday.
Both are scheduled to meet with the media at Congressional, and both figure to move the needle with their answers.
Finchem, who is scheduled to talk at 10:15 a.m. ET, will likely be asked about the continued “no decision” on the proposal to dramatically change the Nationwide Tour/PGA Tour Qualifying School process, changes to the Tour schedule starting next year and the status of a replacement umbrella sponsor for the Nationwide Tour.
Love is scheduled to talk at 1 p.m. ET and is expected to announce his assistant captains for this fall’s Ryder Cup. Word is the short list of candidates include Mike Hulbert, Scott Verplank, Justin Leonard and Fred Couples.
As expected, Tuesday’s news that the USGA and R&A would ban anchoring was followed by word that the new rule’s fate may be decided in a courtroom not on a golf course. Read More
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots