Day 1 Ryder Cup foursomes sure to produce fireworks
- By Jay Coffin
- Sep 27, 2012 6:23 PM ET
The same cannot be said for U.S. captain Davis Love III, who will send out three Ryder Cup rookies in the difficult foursomes format.
Olazabal went with his top pairing first, sending out Rory McIlroy and Graeme McDowell in the opening match at 8:20 a.m. ET. Love opted to send out two captain’s picks – Jim Furyk and Ryder Cup rookie Brandt Snedeker.
Friday morning foursomes
8:20AM ET: Rory McIlroy-Graeme McDowell (Europe) vs. Jim Furyk-Brandt Snedeker (U.S.)
8:35AM ET: Luke Donald-Sergio Garcia (Europe) vs. Phil Mickelson-Keegan Bradley (U.S.)
8:50AM ET: Lee Westwood-Francesco Molinari (Europe) vs. Jason Dufner-Zach Johnson (U.S.)
9:05AM ET: Ian Poulter- Justin Rose (Europe) vs. Tiger Woods-Steve Stricker (U.S.)
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path