American Ryder Cup captain Davis Love III withdrew from the RBC Heritage on Wednesday, citing continued discomfort from a rib injury.
Love cracked a rib in the final round of the Arnold Palmer Invitational three weeks ago.
The Sea Island resident has won this tournament five times – 1987, '91, '92, '98 and 2003 – and won the most money in the history of the event.
European Ryder Cup captain Jose Maria Olazabal remains in the field this week. He was briefly detained Monday in Georgia by the Effingham Country sheriff's department for an excessive speeding charge.
Count USGA executive director Mike Davis among those who can't wait for the U.S. Open to return to Merion next month. Read More
- LIVE STREAM: BMW PGA Championship, Round 3
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- F. Molinari leads BMW | McIlroy, McDowell MC
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots