LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Jonas Blixt’s third-round 68 at the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals Classic was entertaining enough until the Swede seemed to add another layer of intrigue when it appeared he was live-tweeting during Saturday’s action at Walt Disney World.
Just after teeing off on the Magnolia Course’s 10th hole a tweet was posted to Blixt’s account, “Live tweeting from the course today #nofilter”
A few moments later another tweet appeared, “Zak (Blixt’s caddie) does a nice job raking bunkers, he treats the sand so tenderly . . .” All total 30 tweets were posted to Blixt’s account during the round but they weren’t from the Frys.com Open champion.
Torstein Neveastad, a friend of Blixt’s, was doing the play-by-play during Saturday’s round.
“It was really bad tweets to,” Blixt smiled. “He’s been walking with me the last month and a half, every round. I thought he was going to be tweeting about my golf game and he came up on one hole and was like, ‘Look at this tweet.’ I was like, ‘You can’t tweet that on my account.’ It was like I had a thought disorder.”
Unless Blixt was receiving advice via Twitter, which he wasn’t, there would be no violation of the Rules of Golf if he had been doing the tweeting, but using a cell phone during a round is against Tour policy and he could be subject to disciplinary action. A Tour official informed Blixt after his round of the Tour policy, which he said he was not aware of.
After signing his scorecard Blixt quickly retrieved his cell phone from Neveastad, “I heard there were a little out there,” he laughed. “You’re a little out there,” Neveastad shot back.
Tags: Jonas Blixt
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Six flak: Lefty's Open runners-up | Posnanski
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- WWL: Nice guy finishes first | OWGR No. 3
- Grill Room: Jungle Bird banned, misses U.S. Open
- Merion in 2021? | Tricky, appreciated | Dramatic
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of Week
- Rose wins for late dad | Hogan would've been proud
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Instruction: Play smart and patient like Rose