PITTSFORD, N.Y. – Staked to another 54-hole lead in a major, Jim Furyk is hoping for a different result than last year.
The 43-year-old was tied for the lead at the 2012 U.S. Open, but he failed to make a birdie on the final day and eventually tied for fourth.
Furyk will go off in the final pairing Sunday with Jason Dufner, who was in the last group at the PGA Championship two years ago in Atlanta. They tee off at 2:55 p.m. ET.
In the penultimate group (2:45 p.m.) will be a pair of Swedes, Henrik Stenson and Jonas Blixt, both of whom are vying for their maiden major title.
Here are the other marquee groups for the final round at Oak Hill:
• 2:35 p.m.: Adam Scott (-5) and Steve Stricker (-5)
• 2:25 p.m.: Rory McIlroy (-3) and Lee Westwood (-3)
• 11:45 a.m.: Sergio Garcia (+2) and Brandt Snedeker (+3)
• 10:45 a.m.: Tiger Woods (+4) and Brooks Koepka (+4)
• 8:35 a.m.: Stephen Gallacher (+9) and Phil Mickelson (+10)