With Monday’s joint announcement that Tiger Woods and Lindsey Vonn are dating, Vonn has now been thrust into the golf spotlight. Here are some facts about Vonn, one of the most decorated U.S. skiers in history.
• Born Lindsey Caroline Kildow, Oct. 18, 1984 in St. Paul, Minn.
• Vonn met Olympic gold medalist Picabo Street when she was 10 years old. Street, whom Vonn considers a role model, has served as a mentor to Vonn over the years.
• Vonn has won four overall World Cup Championships, including three consecutive from 2008-2010. She also won in 2012. Vonn finished second in 2011 and lost the title by 3 points. (The World Cup champion is based on overall standings from five disciplines – slalom, giant slalom, super-G, downhill, combined.)
• In addition to the four overall titles, Vonn has collected six downhill titles, four super-G titles and three combined titles.
• Vonn has won 59 total World Cup races in her career.
• Vonn appeared in Sports Illustrated's Swimsuit Edition that highlighted 2010 Winter Olympians.
• Vonn made her Olympic debut in the 2002 Winter Olympics at age 17 and returned again for the 2006 Winter Olympics.
• In the 2010 Winter Olympics, Vonn won a gold medal in the downhill and a bronze medal in the super-G.
• Vonn married Olympian Thomas Vonn Sept. 29, 2007 in Utah. The couple divorced in January 2013.