CHASKA, Minn. – Today it was a privilege to host “Live From the PGA Championship” as golf took a monumental half-step. It only needs to pass one more voting wave to be included in the 2016 Olympics.
I had the honor of conducting interviews with U.S. Olympic hero Carl Lewis and former chairman of the U.S. Olympic Committee Peter Ueberroth. Both men were incredibly optimistic that golf would pass. Ueberroth said he thinks it's already 90 percent through the battle. The PGA Tour's Ty Votaw also joined us to share the details of this grueling 14-month process and he said, at first, it wasn't looking promising for the initial vote for inclusion but eventually there was a change of heart by the voting committee.
It's a great turn of events for a sport that has incredible global potential. We all want to grow this wonderful game.
- LIVE STREAM: Sr. PGA Championship, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Donald's three-peat BMW PGA bid ends with MC
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots