KIAWAH ISLAND, S.C. – Padraig Harrington was one of the lucky ones Saturday at the PGA Championship. We think.
European Ryder Cup captain Jose Maria Olazabal said Wednesday that Harrington wasn’t on his radar for a captain's pick and that he’d have to do something special these next several weeks to receive attention. Harrington took that to heart and was 4 under par after seven holes during the third round of the Ocean Course.
He made double bogey on the 10th hole, but birdied No. 17 and ultimately shot 69 and was tied for 11thplace when the weather delay came.
Harrington is not sure if it’s a positive or negative to be done for the day.
“The guys might come back out and it could be flat calm,” Harrington said. “It could be a good break, but it could be a bad break.
“I would have settled for the guys to play the same conditions we played and have them play the back nine in the wind because the back nine was a lot tougher than the front nine.”
Tags: Padraig Harrington
Despite already having undergone laser eye surgery four separate times and having 20/20 vision, Padraig Harrington wore eyeglasses for a nine-hole practice round at the Waste Management Phoenix Open o... Read More
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots