Icher shares LPGA Brasil Cup lead; Creamer 3 back
- By Randall Mell
- May 5, 2012 4:42 PM ET
France’s Karine Icher is riding some positive momentum at the HSBC LPGA Brasil Cup in Rio de Janeiro.
Icher opened with a 6-under-par 66 Saturday at Itanhanga Golf Club, good for a tie for first place with Thailand’s Pornanong Phatlum in the 36-hole unofficial event. They are a shot ahead of American Katie Futcher.
Suzann Pettersen is two back along with Brittany Lang and Candie Kung while Paula Creamer and Christina Kim each opened with 69s. There’s a $108,000 first-place check up for grabs in Sunday’s final round.
Icher is coming off a third-place finish at the Mobile Bay LPGA Classic last week. She’s a six-time Ladies European Tour winner. Phatlum is a five-time Ladies Asian Tour winner.
Suzann Pettersen, Paula Creamer and Ai Miyazato were involved in a multi-car accident after the final round in Thailand. Read More
- USGA, R&A announce ban on anchored stroke
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae