Icher shares LPGA Brasil Cup lead; Creamer 3 back
- By Randall Mell
- May 5, 2012 4:42 PM ET
France’s Karine Icher is riding some positive momentum at the HSBC LPGA Brasil Cup in Rio de Janeiro.
Icher opened with a 6-under-par 66 Saturday at Itanhanga Golf Club, good for a tie for first place with Thailand’s Pornanong Phatlum in the 36-hole unofficial event. They are a shot ahead of American Katie Futcher.
Suzann Pettersen is two back along with Brittany Lang and Candie Kung while Paula Creamer and Christina Kim each opened with 69s. There’s a $108,000 first-place check up for grabs in Sunday’s final round.
Icher is coming off a third-place finish at the Mobile Bay LPGA Classic last week. She’s a six-time Ladies European Tour winner. Phatlum is a five-time Ladies Asian Tour winner.
Suzann Pettersen, Paula Creamer and Ai Miyazato were involved in a multi-car accident after the final round in Thailand. Read More
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Bradley at Byron Nelson
- SCORING: Nelson Day 3 | Volvo: G-Mac in semis
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Palmer, Nicklaus release statements on Venturi
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | Rd. 2 at a glance
- Korda leads Mobile Bay through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process