Icher shares LPGA Brasil Cup lead; Creamer 3 back
- By Randall Mell
- May 5, 2012 4:42 PM ET
France’s Karine Icher is riding some positive momentum at the HSBC LPGA Brasil Cup in Rio de Janeiro.
Icher opened with a 6-under-par 66 Saturday at Itanhanga Golf Club, good for a tie for first place with Thailand’s Pornanong Phatlum in the 36-hole unofficial event. They are a shot ahead of American Katie Futcher.
Suzann Pettersen is two back along with Brittany Lang and Candie Kung while Paula Creamer and Christina Kim each opened with 69s. There’s a $108,000 first-place check up for grabs in Sunday’s final round.
Icher is coming off a third-place finish at the Mobile Bay LPGA Classic last week. She’s a six-time Ladies European Tour winner. Phatlum is a five-time Ladies Asian Tour winner.
Suzann Pettersen, Paula Creamer and Ai Miyazato were involved in a multi-car accident after the final round in Thailand. Read More
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Six flak: Lefty's Open runners-up | Posnanski
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- WWL: Nice guy finishes first | OWGR No. 3
- Grill Room: Jungle Bird banned, misses U.S. Open
- Merion in 2021? | Tricky, appreciated | Dramatic
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of Week
- Rose wins for late dad | Hogan would've been proud
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Instruction: Play smart and patient like Rose