Inkster withdraws from Titleholders with bad elbow
- By Randall Mell
- Nov 15, 2011 3:50 PM ET
ORLANDO, Fla. – Juli Inkster withdrew Tuesday from the season-ending CME Group Titleholders Championship at Grand Cypress Resort this week.
Inkster, 51, has been battling a right elbow injury, a malady that worsened during her bid to win the Lorena Ochoa Invitational last weekend. She said she hit two shots out of the rough on Friday that especially hurt her. She wore a wrap around the elbow on the weekend.
Inkster’s withdrawal leaves the CME Group Titleholders’ field with 59 players. Six other players qualified for the championship but didn’t commit, including Jiyai Shin, the No. 6 ranked player in the world, and U.S. Women’s Open champion So Yeon Ryu. Also, Shanshan Feng, Grace Park, Inbee Park and Momoki Ueda did not commit. There are no alternates into this special field.
Tags: Juli Inkster
- USGA, R&A announce ban on anchored stroke
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae