Seven Ryder Cuppers highlight field at Franklin Templeton Shootout
- By Will Gray
- Nov 8, 2012 3:11 PM ET
Hosted by Greg Norman, the event will pit 12 two-man teams against each other at the Tiburon Golf Club in Naples, Fla. This year's event will be held Dec. 7-9, and will feature the defending champion team of Keegan Bradley and Brendan Steele as well as the 2010 winners, Dustin Johnson and Ian Poulter.
Jason Dufner, the top-ranked player in the field, will be paired with Vijay Singh, while one of Dufner's teammates from Medinah, Steve Stricker, will play with fellow Wisconsin native Jerry Kelly for the fifth consecutive year. Love, meanwhile, will be paired with one of the men he captained at the Ryder Cup, Brandt Snedeker.
Other pairings for the event include: Justin Leonard & Scott Verplank, Charles Howell III & Rory Sabbatini, Stewart Cink & Carl Pettersson, Mark Calcavecchia & Mike Weir, and Sean O'Hair & Kenny Perry.
In total, the 24-man field includes eight major winners and 183 combined PGA Tour victories.
"Once again the balance of these players both as individuals and as teams is excellent," Norman added in a release from the event. "To a person, each of these players has expressed excitement about who they are paired with and enthusiasm about being in the field."
Kenny Perry and Sean O'Hair took a two-stroke lead in the Franklin Templeton Shootout on Saturday, birdieing the final six holes in better-ball play for an 11-under 61. Read More
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management