Johnson tired, but ready for Sony Open
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Jan 9, 2013 9:58 PM ET
HONOLULU – This breaking news just in: Dustin Johnson is a little tired after his Hyundai Tournament of Champions victory.
Johnson arrived at Kapalua on Dec. 27 and played golf every day – until tournament week, that is. Along with the other 29 players in the field, he sat through delays, postponements and cancellations for the first three scheduled days of the tournament. He then played 36 holes on the PGA Tour’s hilliest course on Monday, won on Tuesday, flew to the Sony Open that night and competed in the pro-am the very next morning.
“I’m just a little tired. Need to go home and rest, but I’ll be ready [Thursday] morning,” he said. “But you know, I’m fine. I’m definitely looking forward to this week and definitely mentally ready, for sure.”
Despite being known as one of the best athletes on Tour, Dustin Johnson has been forced to withdraw from a PGA Tour event because of an injury for the third consecutive week. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- SCORING: McDowell, Jaidee in Match Play final
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process