Johnson tired, but ready for Sony Open
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Jan 9, 2013 9:58 PM ET
HONOLULU – This breaking news just in: Dustin Johnson is a little tired after his Hyundai Tournament of Champions victory.
Johnson arrived at Kapalua on Dec. 27 and played golf every day – until tournament week, that is. Along with the other 29 players in the field, he sat through delays, postponements and cancellations for the first three scheduled days of the tournament. He then played 36 holes on the PGA Tour’s hilliest course on Monday, won on Tuesday, flew to the Sony Open that night and competed in the pro-am the very next morning.
“I’m just a little tired. Need to go home and rest, but I’ll be ready [Thursday] morning,” he said. “But you know, I’m fine. I’m definitely looking forward to this week and definitely mentally ready, for sure.”
Midway through the marathon that is British Open qualifying, Josh Teater is poised to earn his first trip to golf’s oldest championship. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth