Jordan on changing shorts at course: 'Yeah, right!'
- By Ryan Lavner
- Nov 29, 2012 12:36 PM ET
No Bermuda shorts, no service, apparently.
NBA legend Michael Jordan confirmed in a text message to ESPN Chicago on Thursday that he refused to change out of cargo shorts during a recent round in Miami Beach, and added that he had “no problem” never playing at the club again.
Required attire at La Gorce Country Club reportedly is “a collared shirt and golf shorts or pants, no cargo or denim. If there are pockets on the outside, it’s not allowed.”
“I’ve been there many times and no one told me a thing,” Jordan said, according to the report. “Then all of a sudden they come to me on the 11th hole and say I can’t wear cargo shorts. Wow! The round is almost over and you want me to buy shorts now? Yeah, right!!”
The original story, published in the New York Post, quoted a source saying that Jordan would not be invited back to play at the club. Jordan, in a text to ESPN Chicago, replied, “No problem!!”
Tags: Michael Jordan
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process