Jungle Bird spotted Saturday at Royal Lytham
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Jul 21, 2012 10:26 AM ET
U.S. Open champion Webb Simpson is not at the Open Championship this year, opting to stay home with wife Dowd, who is expecting the couple's second child soon. But Simpson's infamous buddy Jungle Bird is on site Saturday at Royal Lytham & St. Annes.
During Simpson's U.S. Open trophy presentation last month at The Olympic Club a man dressed in a Union Jack bird outfit crashed the party and U.S. Golf Association chief Mike Davis promptly shoved the man out of the way. Jungle Bird is Andrew Dudley, an Englishman who vowed at the U.S. Open that he'd be seen again soon on a golf course.
Tags: British Open
Midway through the marathon that is British Open qualifying, Josh Teater is poised to earn his first trip to golf’s oldest championship. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots