Junior PGA headed to Trump National (D.C.) in '13
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Dec 4, 2012 1:52 PM ET
The 2013 Junior PGA Championship will be held at Trump National Golf Club in Potomac Falls, Va., the PGA of America announced Tuesday. The event will be held July 30-Aug. 2.
“The Junior PGA Championship has a proud tradition in providing one of the best golf experiences possible for the next generation of golfers,” new PGA of America President Ted Bishop said in a statement. “To bring this championship to a facility like Trump National Golf Club, in the shadow of our nation's capital, reflects our association's commitment to offer an outstanding venue to identify the finest young golfers in our country.”
The Tournament Course at Trump National, designed by Tom Fazio, sits on the edge of the Potomac River.
Ariya Jutanugarn and Robby Shelton won the 2012 event, which was held at Sycamore Hills in Fort Wayne, Ind.
“I am extremely pleased that the PGA has recognized our course as the perfect location for their 2013 Junior Championship,” Trump said in a statement. “It is an honor to welcome such young talented individuals to Trump National, and I look forward to continuing to support their success and the Junior PGA for many years.”
Already well in front in the team competition, the USC Trojans are now on the verge of both team and individual NCAA titles entering the final round of competition at the University of Georgia Golf Co... Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots