Junior PGA headed to Trump National (D.C.) in '13
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Dec 4, 2012 1:52 PM ET
The 2013 Junior PGA Championship will be held at Trump National Golf Club in Potomac Falls, Va., the PGA of America announced Tuesday. The event will be held July 30-Aug. 2.
“The Junior PGA Championship has a proud tradition in providing one of the best golf experiences possible for the next generation of golfers,” new PGA of America President Ted Bishop said in a statement. “To bring this championship to a facility like Trump National Golf Club, in the shadow of our nation's capital, reflects our association's commitment to offer an outstanding venue to identify the finest young golfers in our country.”
The Tournament Course at Trump National, designed by Tom Fazio, sits on the edge of the Potomac River.
Ariya Jutanugarn and Robby Shelton won the 2012 event, which was held at Sycamore Hills in Fort Wayne, Ind.
“I am extremely pleased that the PGA has recognized our course as the perfect location for their 2013 Junior Championship,” Trump said in a statement. “It is an honor to welcome such young talented individuals to Trump National, and I look forward to continuing to support their success and the Junior PGA for many years.”
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process