PALM HARBOR, Fla. – Tiger Woods is set to appear on “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” on March 16, the first talk-show appearance for the former world No. 1 since his divorce and last year’s scandal.
In honor of that other late-night host, David Letterman, “Shag Bag” suggests a “Tiger Top 10,” along with the miniature golf match scheduled between Woods and Fallon. Imagine the possibilities:
“Top 10 reasons for Tiger to play more”
1. Because that multi-million dollar spread in south Florida isn’t going to pay for itself.
2. Because Phil Mickelson is pounding it by me, and that’s just not cool.
3. I have to give Hank Haney a reason to Tweet.
4. They don’t do “mulligans” at Augusta National.
5. Sean Foley said I need the reps, whatever that means.
6. If I win 10 Tour events I get the 11th one half price.
7. I didn’t even know they had a Tour event in Tampa.
8. The Tavistock Cup is not an official event. Who knew?
9. PGA Tour commissioner Tim Finchem asked me to be more synergetic . . . or something like that.
10. Michael Bradley has more victories than me this year. . . Michael Bradley!