ATLANTA – Phil Mickelson has birdied two of his first five holes to pull within one shot of Kenny Perry at East Lake.
Mickelson had hoped to take the U.S. Open trophy home to his ailing wife, Amy, in June, but some Tour Championship crystal would be a nice consolation prize.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- LPGA SCORING: C. Choi up by 1; Lewis 4 back
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process