Levin WDs from Barclays after death of brother
- By Ryan Lavner
- Aug 20, 2012 3:43 PM ET
Spencer Levin withdrew from The Barclays on Monday after the sudden death of his brother, Blake.
“The Levin family is touched by and appreciative of the ongoing support they have received,” said Levin’s agent at Legacy Agency, Kevin Canning, in a statement released by the PGA Tour. “Spencer will be returning to the PGA Tour as soon as time and family will allow.”
Levin, who was 45th in the FedEx Cup standings, will not be replaced in The Barclays field. With Levin’s WD and Jason Dufner announcing last week that he will not play, the field now stands at 123 players.
Tags: Spencer Levin
- LIVE STREAM: Senior PGA Championship, Round 1
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Anchoring attorney: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Back-nine 41 dooms McIlroy's BMW PGA opener
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Instruction: Tips to strike your putts more solidly