LPGA rookie Lexi Thompson announced Thursday she has chosen to go to her May 18 prom with Marine Lance Cpl. Mark Scott, 20, a Wounded Warrior and Purple Heart recipient from Chicago.
Thompson, who reviewed more than 100 applications from military men in a contest on her Facebook page, is home schooled but will join Scott at her prom staged with Coral Glades High School in Coral Springs, Fla. She explained her choice in a video here.
“I chose him for his passion and courage for his country and also his dedication,” Thompson said. “The military has been a very important part of my life and my family’s. The Wounded Warrior project is something really close to my heart.”
Tags: Alexis Thompson
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path