LPGA Championship returning to Locust Hill in '13
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Nov 13, 2012 4:14 PM ET
The LPGA erased one of its biggest question marks for 2013 by announcing Tuesday that the Wegmans LPGA Championship will return to Rochester, N.Y. For the fourth consecutive year the event will be held at Locust Hill Country Club. It is scheduled for June 6-9, 2013.
It figures to be a big summer for Western New York, as the 2013 PGA Championship is also headed to Oak Hill Country Club in nearby Pittsford, giving the area two major champioships in a three-month span.
“We are both proud and excited to bring the Wegmans LPGA Championship back to Rochester, and perhaps the best golf fans in the world,” LPGA commissioner Mike Whan said in a statement.
Shanshan Feng won the 2012 event.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae