LPGA Championship returning to Locust Hill in '13
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Nov 13, 2012 4:14 PM ET
The LPGA erased one of its biggest question marks for 2013 by announcing Tuesday that the Wegmans LPGA Championship will return to Rochester, N.Y. For the fourth consecutive year the event will be held at Locust Hill Country Club. It is scheduled for June 6-9, 2013.
It figures to be a big summer for Western New York, as the 2013 PGA Championship is also headed to Oak Hill Country Club in nearby Pittsford, giving the area two major champioships in a three-month span.
“We are both proud and excited to bring the Wegmans LPGA Championship back to Rochester, and perhaps the best golf fans in the world,” LPGA commissioner Mike Whan said in a statement.
Shanshan Feng won the 2012 event.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management