GolfChannel.com has learned that Navistar will renew as title sponsor of the Navistar LPGA Classic at the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail in Prattville, Ala.
Acting LPGA commissioner Marty Evans shared the details in a players-only meeting Tuesday night at the tournament hotel in nearby Montgomery.
Sources familiar with the agreement said Navistar is signing a one-year deal with a two-year option. Navistar will have the option to renew after next year’s event.
The Jamie Farr Owens Corning Classic and the CVS/pharmacy LPGA Challenge also agreed to one-year renewals with their contracts expiring this year.
Evans told players that she expects agreements to be in place with at least 24 tournaments next year. That’s down from 27 this year and 34 from last year but notably more than players feared when they forced out Carolyn Bivens as commissioner two months ago.
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots