GolfChannel.com has learned that Navistar will renew as title sponsor of the Navistar LPGA Classic at the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail in Prattville, Ala.
Acting LPGA commissioner Marty Evans shared the details in a players-only meeting Tuesday night at the tournament hotel in nearby Montgomery.
Sources familiar with the agreement said Navistar is signing a one-year deal with a two-year option. Navistar will have the option to renew after next year’s event.
The Jamie Farr Owens Corning Classic and the CVS/pharmacy LPGA Challenge also agreed to one-year renewals with their contracts expiring this year.
Evans told players that she expects agreements to be in place with at least 24 tournaments next year. That’s down from 27 this year and 34 from last year but notably more than players feared when they forced out Carolyn Bivens as commissioner two months ago.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path