Tournament officials announced in a news conference Monday that the event will not return.
The future of the tournament has been in doubt with title sponsor Anheuser-Busch’s merger with InBev, a Belgium company. The tournament didn’t take long to become a favorite tour stop among players after its start in 2003. It was quickly labeled the tour’s “fifth major.” The players who have won the championship indicate the elite nature of the event. Grace Park won the inaugural tournament with Se Ri Pak winning in 2004, Cristie Kerr in ’05, Karrie Webb in ’06, Suzann Pettersen in ’07, Annika Sorenstam in ’08 and Kerr again this year.
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invitational, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Rory, G-Mac MC at BMW | No 3-peat for Donald
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots