LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Bill Lunde limped home to rounds of 73-73 to the miss the cut at the season finale this week. Now the journeyman must wait.
Lunde leads the season-long Kodak Challenge over Cameron Tringale and Fabian Gomez, who both made the cut at the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals Classic and can tie Lunde with an eagle at the par-4 17th hole.
Lunde told officials he will stay in the Magic Kingdom this weekend and await a possible playoff to decide the $1 million payday. Or maybe he said he planned a weekend Space Mountain marathon, “GTC” can’t remember.
James Walton’s tee shot at the par-3 17th stopped 4 ½ feet away from the hole on Wednesday to win the annual closet-to-the-pin caddie competition at TPC Sawgrass. Read More
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Guan WD's from Open qualifying | Playing Memorial
- Euro captain McGinley adds third Ryder Cup pick
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae