Match Play Championship returning to Dove Mountain in 2013
- By Rex Hoggard
- May 16, 2012 11:47 AM ET
The WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship will return to the Ritz-Carlton Golf Club at Dove Mountain in 2013 despite speculation that the event would bolt the isolated resort after this year’s event.
The event has been played at Dove Mountain since 2007 and moved to the Ritz-Carlton course in 2009.
During this year’s tournament, which was won by Hunter Mahan, some speculated the World Golf Championship could move to Tucson National, where the Tucson Open was played, to make the event more accessible to fans.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots