Matteson leads Stricker by three at John Deere
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Jul 14, 2012 6:10 PM ET
Only one man stands between Steve Stricker and a fourth consecutive John Deere Classic title.
Troy Matteson has led from the onset at TPC Deere Run and carries a three-shot lead into the final round. Matteson shot 5-under 66 on Saturday to lead Stricker at 18 under par.
Stricker also shot 66 to pull into solo second, one shot ahead of Zach Johnson and Brian Harman.
Billy Hurley III, John Senden and J.J. Henry share fifth at 13 under par.
Jamie Lovemark is one of five players tied for eighth at 12 under. In order to maintain his full PGA Tour status, the former NCAA champion must win on Sunday.
- LIVE STREAM: 'Morning Drive' with Sergio reax
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia apologizes for 'fried chicken' remark
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth