Matteson leads Stricker by three at John Deere
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Jul 14, 2012 6:10 PM ET
Only one man stands between Steve Stricker and a fourth consecutive John Deere Classic title.
Troy Matteson has led from the onset at TPC Deere Run and carries a three-shot lead into the final round. Matteson shot 5-under 66 on Saturday to lead Stricker at 18 under par.
Stricker also shot 66 to pull into solo second, one shot ahead of Zach Johnson and Brian Harman.
Billy Hurley III, John Senden and J.J. Henry share fifth at 13 under par.
Jamie Lovemark is one of five players tied for eighth at 12 under. In order to maintain his full PGA Tour status, the former NCAA champion must win on Sunday.
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invit., Round 1
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Anchoring attorney: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Back-nine 41 dooms McIlroy's BMW PGA opener
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Instruction: Tips to strike your putts more solidly