Matteson leads Stricker by three at John Deere
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Jul 14, 2012 6:10 PM ET
Only one man stands between Steve Stricker and a fourth consecutive John Deere Classic title.
Troy Matteson has led from the onset at TPC Deere Run and carries a three-shot lead into the final round. Matteson shot 5-under 66 on Saturday to lead Stricker at 18 under par.
Stricker also shot 66 to pull into solo second, one shot ahead of Zach Johnson and Brian Harman.
Billy Hurley III, John Senden and J.J. Henry share fifth at 13 under par.
Jamie Lovemark is one of five players tied for eighth at 12 under. In order to maintain his full PGA Tour status, the former NCAA champion must win on Sunday.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path