"I had a bit of a sore head last night. I guess it's just us Irish and the skin not used to this sort of sun," McIlroy remarked after his round in the Dubai desert. "I didn't feel great last night but was much better this morning and felt almost 100 percent out there on the course."
McIlroy had just one bogey on the day to go along with five birdies. His 5-under 67 was enough to pull him into his three-way tie atop the leaderboard as they head into the weekend.
And of course, his recovery was aided by girlfriend and tennis star Caroline Wozniacki.
"Caroline squeezed about five lemons into a glass, and I took that," he explained. "Then I had some vitamins and a mineral drink – it made me feel a little better."
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Senior PGA Championship
- SCORING: Bahamas LPGA | Senior PGA Champ.
- Kuchar leads by 1 at Colonial after Day 3 | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Overton DQ'd for using putting aid | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots