SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – He didn’t shoot 59, but Phil Mickelson did set a personal record on Thursday.
For the first time in his career, Mickelson posted four scores of 2 on his scorecard, making birdie on each of the par-3 holes at TPC-Scottsdale.
“Last week at Torrey, I had three 2s in the second round and came to the fourth one and I gassed it in the bunker and did not make 2,” he said. “We were talking about it in the scoring trailer; that very well may be. I'd have to go back and look.”
Once it was looked up, it was found that Mickelson had previously posted three 2s on his card on 25 separate occasions, but this was the first time ever with four.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Senior PGA Championship
- Kuchar leads by 1 at Colonial after Day 3 | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Overton DQ'd for using putting aid | Clark in mix
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots