SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – He didn’t shoot 59, but Phil Mickelson did set a personal record on Thursday.
For the first time in his career, Mickelson posted four scores of 2 on his scorecard, making birdie on each of the par-3 holes at TPC-Scottsdale.
“Last week at Torrey, I had three 2s in the second round and came to the fourth one and I gassed it in the bunker and did not make 2,” he said. “We were talking about it in the scoring trailer; that very well may be. I'd have to go back and look.”
Once it was looked up, it was found that Mickelson had previously posted three 2s on his card on 25 separate occasions, but this was the first time ever with four.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path