Moore chasing win; wife will soon chase child
- By Bailey Mosier
- May 6, 2012 3:32 PM ET
CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Nichole Moore can’t remember the last time her husband was in the final group at a PGA Tour event. She’s actually not certain he ever has been.
She’d like it if he weren’t ever again.
“I don’t like all these people,” Nichole said. “I want Ryan to win but I want him to come from behind to do it. Be at least a few groups back so it’s not so crowded.”
A fair request, especially considering Nichole is 14 weeks pregnant with the couple’s first child.
Ryan Moore is in pursuit of his second PGA Tour win at the Wells Fargo Championship and playing in the last group alongside Webb Simpson. Moore's maiden victory came at the 2009 Wyndham Championship where he was T-9 through 54 holes, four off the pace and in the sixth-to-last group.
Moore got off to a shaky start Sunday at Quail Hollow, 1 over through seven holes and having hit just one fairway and one green in regulation.
“There’s so many people so close to the lead,” Nichole said. “Anything can happen.”
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | At a glance | Scores
- Korda leads Mobile Bay LPGA through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Guan shoots 70-77, misses first PGA Tour cut
- Poulter out at Volvo | 'Disgusted' with play | Results
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Donald receives MBE from Queen of England
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process