Here's to wondering aloud why he doesn't use that club more often, notably on weeks when he's parking drivers in the right trees and playing trick-shot seconds in hopes of a two-putt par.
No longer is Woods the longest player out there, but Round 2 reminded me that he still owns the most complete skill set of anyone. Giving back 20-25 yards off the tee would only amplify that.
Hawkins is a contributing writer with more than two decades of journalism experience.
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Guan WDs from Open qualifying | Playing Memorial
- Euro captain McGinley adds third Ryder Cup pick
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth