ATLANTA – Some guys do playoff beards, others try rally caps when things get tight. Steve Marino’s answer to post-season pressure is a playoff buzz cut.
Marino had his caddie G.W. Cable shave his head this week. It’s the second time this year Marino has gone for the Mr. Clean look. He shaved his head at the Arnold Palmer Invitational and went on the best run of his season, finishing T-19 (Shell Houston Open), T-13 (Verizon Heritage) and T-5 (Zurich Classic).
“My hats don’t fit me anymore,” Marino said after his third-round 67 moved him into a tie for fifth place at his first Tour Championship. “I figured I’d shave it all off and start from scratch.”
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play